Australian Ashleigh Barty continues for the fourteenth consecutive week at the top of the ranks of the tennis women’s WTA, reported this Monday the sports body.
Canadian Bianca Andreescu, winner of the US Open, the last Grand Slam of the season, remained in the fifth seat.
The Spanish-Venezuelan Garbiñe Muguruza continues in the 35th position and the Spanish Carla Suárez Navarro in 55. The Puerto Rican Mónica Puig, Olympic champion in Rio de Janeiro-2016, continued in the 79th step.
The American Serena Williams remains in the Top-10 by occupying the tenth place of the ranking.
– WTA World Ranking as of Monday, December 9, 2019:
1. Ashleigh Barty (AUS) 7851 points
2. Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 5940
3. Naomi Osaka (JPN) 5496
4. Simona Halep (ROU) 5462
5. Bianca Andreescu (CAN) 5133
6. Elina Svitolina (UKR) 5075
7. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 4776
8. Belinda Bencic (SUI) 4685
9. Kiki Bertens (NED) 4245
10. Serena Williams (USA) 3935