Follow Us

F1 Japanese Grand Prix canceled due to coronavirus

F1 Japanese Grand Prix canceled due to coronavirus

This year’s Japanese Grand Prix was canceled following talks between the government and race promoters, Formula One organizers said on Wednesday.

The Suzuka test was to be held on October 10, between the Grand Prix of Turkey and the United States.

“The Japanese government has made the decision to cancel the race this season due to the current complexities of the pandemic in the country,” F1 explained in a statement. “Formula 1 is now working on the details of the revised schedule and will announce the final details in the coming weeks.”

The decision creates another hiatus in the Asian racing calendar following the cancellation of those in Australia and China.

You can also read:  Montezemolo: We were not up to the task in the final

“Formula 1 has demonstrated this year, and in 2020, that we can adapt and find solutions to current uncertainties and is excited about the level of interest in locations to host Formula 1 events this year and beyond,” the statement added.

Most of the 23 races initially planned for this season are being held in Europe and the Middle East.

Last week the 11th was played, in which the Frenchman Esteban Ocon won the chaotic test in Hungary ahead of Lewis Hamilton.

The government of Japan held the Olympic Games, which had already been delayed for a year by the coronavirus pandemic.

In Tokyo, new infections tripled during the 17 days that the jousts lasted – which ended on August 8 – although medical experts said the rebound was not directly related to the Olympic event.

You can also read:  Rossi, continues to test positive for covid-19 and is a doubt for the European GP

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

+ 5 = 8