The Spanish Marc Márquez (Honda) suffered a new crash in the third free practice session of the Portuguese GP, in which the fastest was the local rider Miguel Oliveira (KTM), ahead of Joan Mir.
The reigning MotoGP world champion, Frenchman Fabio Quartararo, was third.
Marc Márquez (Honda) hit his head after losing control of his bike on the sodden track. The Catalan pilot did not appear to have suffered any damage. Victim of numerous crashes in recent months, Márquez has already missed two Grand Prix this year due to his vision problems caused by his crashes.
He still managed the 5th fastest time before his mishap, just behind South African Brad Binder (KTM).
– Combined classification of the three MotoGP free practice sessions of the Portuguese Grand Prix, on the Portimao circuit (4.592 km):
1. Miguel Oliveira (POR/KTM): 1:50.552
2. Joan Mir (ESP/Suzuki) at 0.049
3. Fabio Quartararo (FRA/Yamaha) 0.054
4. Brad Binder (AFS/KTM) 0.107
5. Marc Marquez (ESP/Honda) 0.144
6. Pol Espargaro (ESP/Honda) 0.155
7. Marco Bezzechi (ITA/Ducati-VR46) 0.584
8. Johann Zarco (FRA/Ducati-Pramac) 0.618
9. Aleix Espargaro (ESP/Aprilia) 0.696
10. Jack Miller (AUS/Ducati) 0.701.