Follow Us

Marc Márquez will undergo surgery again after the Italian GP

Marc Márquez will undergo surgery again after the Italian GP

The six-time MotoGP world champion Marc Márquez (Honda), victim of a broken right arm in July 2020, will undergo surgery on this arm “next week”, he announced on the eve of the Italian Grand Prix race .

“I will have surgery next week. Since the injury I feel great limitations. I have realized this season that I do not enjoy, I suffer a lot, I do not run as I want, “said the Spaniard, without being able to specify the duration of his time off.

“I don’t know, the doctors will tell after the operation, but it will be long, for sure. But it was time to do it », he replied at a press conference, noting that he wants to prepare well for the 2023 season.

You can also read:  Meeke reinforces his leadership in Finland

“I have obviously done everything possible to avoid this operation, but it is the solution to return,” he added, assuring that the problem is clear: “A too important rotation in the arm.”

Marc Márquez, 29, fell on Saturday in the qualifying session for the Italian Grand Prix, but this new fall had no effect on his decision, which had been made the day before, he said.

He will undergo his fourth operation on his right humerus. It will take place on Tuesday in the United States, at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester (Minnesota), the Honda team announced.

The Catalan driver will then return to Spain to spend his convalescence time there and it will be then when a time off can be estimated, he specified. AFP

You can also read:  Hamilton fears five-seater penalty at Brazilian GP start

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

80 − 79 =