Spaniard Marc Márquez (Honda) took the MotoGP German Grand Prix ahead of his compatriot Maverick Viñales (Yamaha) and Briton Cal Crutchlow (Honda-LCR), and increased his distance in the World Championship before the summer break.
The Catalan, whose brother had previously won the Moto2 category, dominated the race from start to finish and added his 5th victory of the season (49th in the top flight), gradually approaching his sixth MotoGP championship with those 58 points ahead of his immediate pursuer, the Italian Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati).
“Our strategy was perfect even though my start was not great,” said Márquez after the race, explaining that his main concern during the test had been to preserve his rear tire.
Spaniard Alex Rins (Suzuki), 2nd for a long time, went to the ground, benefiting Italian Ducati riders Dovizioso and Danilo Petrucci, who finished 5th and 4th respectively.
With this Sunday, there are 7 consecutive victories for Márquez at the Sachsenring circuit, which allows him to equal the record of Italian Valentino Rossi for the number of consecutive victories in the same circuit, that of Mugello in the case of the six-time champion of MotoGP.
Rossi himself finished 8th in this Sunday’s race.
The World Cup closes its doors for the summer break and will reopen on August 4 for the Grand Prix of the Czech Republic.
– Classification of the MotoGP German Grand Prix:
1. Marc Márquez (ESP / Honda) all 30 laps in 41: 08.276 (160.6 km / h on average)
2. Maverick Viñales (ESP / Yamaha) at 4,587
3. Cal Crutchlow (GBR / Honda-LCR) at 7,741
4. Danilo Petrucci (ITA / Ducati) at 16,577
5. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA / Ducati) to 16,669
6. Jack Miller (AUS / Ducati-Pramac) at 16,836
7. Joan Mir (ESP / Suzuki) at 17,156
8. Valentino Rossi (ITA / Yamaha) at 19,110
9. Franco Morbidelli (ITA / Yamaha-SRT) at 20,634
10. Stefan Bradl (GER / Honda) at 22,708
Fastest lap: Marc Márquez (1: 21.228, 162.6 km / h on average, new record)
Main retirements: Fabio Quartararo (FRA / Yamaha-SRT), Álex Rins (ESP / Suzuki).
– Classification of the MotoGP World Championship after 9 races:
1. Marc Márquez (ESP / Honda) 185 points
2. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA / Ducati) 127
3. Danilo Petrucci (ITA / Ducati) 121
4. Alex Rins (ESP / Suzuki) 101
5. Maverick Viñales (ESP / Yamaha) 85
– Classification of constructors:
1. Honda: 191 points
2. Ducati: 157
3. Yamaha: 153
4. Suzuki: 118
5. KTM: 56
6. Aprilia: 45
Next round: GP of the Czech Republic at the Brno circuit on August 4 AFP