Spaniard Marc Márquez (Honda), five times MotoGP world champion and current leader of the World Championship, achieved his sixth victory of the season at the Grand Prix of the Czech Republic, his 50th in the premier class, at the Brno circuit.
After starting from pole position, the 26-year-old dominated the event from start to finish, completing a perfect Sunday for his family, following his brother Alex’s triumph in Moto2.
Márquez outscored Italian Andrea Dovizioso and Australian Jack Miller, both on Ducati, bolstering his chances of claiming his sixth MotoGP title.
The Spaniard becomes the fourth driver to reach 50 victories in the premier class, after Valentino Rossi, Giacomo Agostini and Mick Doohan.
On the eve, Márquez equaled Doohan’s record with 58 pole positions.
1. Marc Márquez (ESP / Honda) the 20 laps in 39 min 24 sec 430/1000, 164.5 km / h on average
2. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA / Ducati) à 2,452
3. Jack Miller (AUS / Ducati) à 3,497
4. Alex Rins (ESP / Suzuki) à 4.858
5. Cal Crutchlow (GBR / Honda) à 6.007
6. Valentino Rossi (ITA / Yamaha) à 9.083
7. Fabio Quartararo (FRA / Yamaha-SRT) à 12.092
8. Danilo Petrucci (ITA / Ducati) à 13,976
9. Takaaki Nakagami (JPN / Honda) at 15,724
10. Maverick Vinales (ESP / Yamaha) à 16,558
Best lap: Alex Rins (1: 56.912, 166.3 km / h on average)
Dropouts: Franco Morbidelli (ITA / Yamaha), Joan Mir (ESP, Suzuki), Hafizh Syahrin (MAL / Tech 3)
– World Cup ranking after 10 events out of 19:
1. Marc Márquez (ESP / Honda) 210 pts
2. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA / Ducati) 147
3. Danilo Petrucci (ITA / Ducati) 129
4. Alex Rins (ESP / Suzuki) 114
5. Maverick Vinales (ESP / Yamaha) 91
– Builders classification:
1. Honda: 216
2. Ducati: 177
3. Yamaha: 163
4. Suzuki: 131
5. KTM: 61
6. Aprilia: 45