Follow Us

Pelé has taken “several steps” towards his recovery, says his daughter

Pelé has taken “several steps” towards his recovery, says his daughter

Former Brazilian footballer Pelé, considered by many to be the best in history, has taken “several steps” towards his recovery after the colon operation that has kept him in a hospital in Sao Paulo for three weeks, his daughter reported this Friday.

“In the last days [ha dado] several steps forward, “wrote Kely Nascimento, one of the daughters of the three-time world champion (1958, 1962, 1970), on her Instagram account.

Kely Nascimento attached some photographs in which she is seen playing cards with the 80-year-old ex-attacker in the Albert Eistein hospital room where he was admitted on August 31 and operated on September 4 to remove a “suspicious” tumor in the colon.

You can also read:  When, how and why Diego Maradona became a popular idol

In the pictures, O Rei smiles and looks upbeat as he plays cards. «He is teaching me to play bar. He’s beating me up, ”his daughter joked.

The only three-time world champion footballer, who will turn 81 on October 23, said Tuesday that he feels “a little better every day” and was hopeful about leaving the medical center soon.

The soccer legend was released from the intensive care unit on Tuesday of last week, although at the end of that week he briefly returned with respiratory instability.

Neither the doctors nor Pelé and his family have reported so far on the results of the pathological analysis of the tumor, which was detected in some routine check-ups.

You can also read:  Cavani extends his contract with Manchester United

Edson Arantes do Nascimento has been admitted to the hospital several times in recent years to treat health problems. The last was in 2019, when he was admitted to Paris and transferred to Sao Paulo to remove a kidney stone. AFP (HN)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

45 − 35 =