Floyd Mayweather’s no seemed definitive, but the match promoter assured that the duel between one of the greatest boxers in history and a young Japanese kickboxing champion will take place.
The misunderstanding with Floyd Mayweather is fixed. He will face Tenshin Nasukawa on December 31, “wrote Nobuyuki Sakakibara, CEO of promotion company Rizin, on his Instagram account.
“I will give the details during a conference on my return to Japan,” he added in the comment of a photo taken in Los Angeles in which he appears with Mayweather.
Two days after announcing in early November his return to face undefeated Nasukawa in his specialty, Mayweather, 41, canceled this unlikely duel claiming that he had been misled by the organizers.
But on Wednesday, TMZ Sports announced that Mayweather, undefeated in boxing, had changed his mind.
“We are going to do it,” said the American on the page specializing in company information.
“It will be a small exhibition match, but without kicking. We’re going to do some moves with this guy for nine minutes and it’ll be, hands down, the highest paid exhibition ever, ”Mayweather said, true to his personal style.
The American, with five world titles in five weight classes and considered one of the best in history, defeated Irish Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter Conor McGregor in his last fight in August 2017.
That victory adorned his record, allowing him to boast 50 wins and no losses. AFP