Follow Us

Trevor Bauer restraining order hearing postponed until August

Trevor Bauer restraining order hearing postponed until August

The civil hearing for a requested restraining order against Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer was postponed to Aug. 2, after Bauer’s legal team requested more time to prepare a defense against witnesses and documents he claimed to have recently received.

Judge Dianna Gould-Saltman reserved Aug. 2, 3 and 19 for the hearing, which is expected to take two to three days. The temporary restraining order against Bauer will remain in effect until the hearing is completed. Bauer’s administrative license expires Tuesday, but Major League Baseball may extend it once again with the consent of the MLB Players Association.

Bauer was present at the Los Angeles Superior Court hearing on Friday, wearing a burgundy suit and calmly looking straight ahead throughout the proceedings. The woman who has accused him of sexual assault was also present. Bauer’s legal team told the judge that it had advised him not to testify given the ongoing criminal investigation into alleged sexual assault. But the petitioner’s side stated that he must nonetheless take the stand, even if he uses his Fifth Amendment rights not to answer questions, to which the judge apparently agreed. Both parties will call witnesses.

You can also read:  Giants sign former Dodgers Alex Wood

MLB and the Pasadena City Police Department are conducting separate investigations into Bauer, who has been accused by a woman of suffocating her until she lost consciousness multiple times, striking her in various areas of her body and leaving her with injuries that required hospitalization. the course of two sexual encounters earlier this year, according to a domestic violence restraining order that was filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court in late June, of which ESPN obtained copies.

The restraining order was executed as a temporary ex parte, which can be obtained without the involvement of the other party. Bauer’s side told the judge it plans to fight the statement “extensively” and previously issued a statement denying that Bauer had assaulted the woman, calling the encounters “entirely consensual.”

You can also read:  Dodgers chase elusive World Series title

The Dodgers canceled Bauer’s bobblehead night, which was scheduled for Aug. 19, and removed all of their merchandise from the team and online stores, saying they “didn’t think it was appropriate” given the investigations. Bauer, a 2020 National League Cy Young Award winner as a member of the Cincinnati Reds, joined the Dodgers with a record three-year, $ 102 million contract in February. (ESPNDEPORTES)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

9 + 1 =