Follow Us

UFC President Admits Mayweather Jr-McGregor Fight “Possible

UFC President Admits Mayweather Jr-McGregor Fight “Possible
The president of the UFC, an organization that oversees mixed martial arts, Dana White, acknowledged tonight on television that the combat of boxing Between the former undefeated American champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. and the Irish wrestler Conor McGregor is “possible.”
White, who in principle had opposed, during the appearance last night on the television program “Conan”, acknowledged that an agreement has not been reached for the potentially lucrative fight – there are talk of bags of more than 100 million dollars – but he suggested it might just be a matter of time.
“I think it’s going to be disputed,” said White. “Although I also recognize that it is going to be a difficult agreement, because obviously there are many interests and figures involved in this agreement and also a significant number of people, which makes the process difficult.”
However, White, who at the beginning of the year was pessimistic, and predicted an “epic fall” for McGregor if he tried to box without the permission of the UFC, also made it clear that there is talk of a fight that is going to move a lot of money. which makes it even more difficult not to celebrate.
McGregor, 28, is the UFC lightweight champion and remains under an exclusive contract with the organization chaired by White, who went so far as to affirm that there was as much chance of holding the fight as of him being the replacement for the quarterback. of the New England Patriots, to play the Super Bowl.
In addition, he had also repeatedly recalled how long it took Mayweather Jr. to agree to face Philippine champion Manny Pacquiao.
According to White, now Mayweather Jr. may need more time before all the terms of the contract that McGregor may sign are closed.
But the reality is that the duel that has been defined as “unique”, little by little is taking steps and overcomes bureaucratic obstacles that are the most important to solve.
McGregor is currently in the process of resolving a legal matter with the Nevada State Athletic Commission, after which he is expected to apply for a driver’s license. boxing.
“A lot of things make this fight intriguing,” White said. “Conor McGregor is huge, he’s at the peak of his career, Floyd is 40 years old.”
White also recalled that “Floyd has always had a problem with lefties, Conor (McGregor) is a southpaw, and he hits hard. When it hits people, they leave. Floyd Mayweather Jr. is definitely not going to knock him out. That is sure”.
Then the president of the UFC wanted to make it clear that he had not said at all that McGregor was going to win the fight, but that he would make it something special.
I’m not saying that Conor would win this match of boxingBut it sure makes it interesting, ”White stressed.
Mayweather Jr., who retired in 2015 with a 49-0 professional record, recently announced in London that he had come out of voluntary retirement with the sole objective of facing McGregor.
White also rejected newspaper reports that the fight is already scheduled to take place on June 10 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“McGregor does not plan to return to business for a few months, as he has taken a break while awaiting the birth of his first child, scheduled for the month of May,” added White. EFE
You can also read:  VIDEO: “El Cadejo” Durán could not face “Veneno” Domínguez

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

+ 22 = 32