Follow Us

Ultimatum to McGregor to face Mayweather

Ultimatum to McGregor to face Mayweather

The head of the UFC, the main promoter of mixed martial arts (MMA) fights, has issued an ultimatum to his star Connor McGregor to decide if he is ready to challenge former boxing star Floyd Mayweather.
“I want this matter decided on Sunday so that I can approach Mayweather and begin negotiations with his entourage,” Dana White told a US radio station.
“If we settle in on Sunday, we’ve had a chance to finish this fight,” said White, who has an exclusive contract with McGregor.
White acknowledged that last week’s announcement of the fight between Mexican Saúl “Canelo” Álvarez and Kazakh Gennady Golovkin, two of the best boxers in action, on Sept. 16 was a bad move for McGregor-Mayweather.
“That was the date we were working on, we should have started the negotiations faster, but it comes from our side, not from Mayweather,” he lamented.
The 28-year-old McGregor has won 21 fights with three losses.
The Irishman has made a name for his loud statements and ultra-aggressive style.
A fight with Mayweather, who has been retired for almost two years, sparks a lot of interest in the world of boxing and MMA and could see the American win $ 100 million.
The American, nicknamed “Money” for having raised more than 800 million dollars in boxing and considered one of the best in history, remained undefeated throughout his professional career with 49 victories. AFP

You can also read:  WBO orders welterweight title fight between Terence Crawford and Shawn Porter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

37 − 27 =